So here we are, on the cusp of 20-fucking-14. God damn I feel old. In fact, the older I get, the faster time flies. So that’s how we’re gonna cut this post up – half reminiscing about 2013, and half talking about how time fucking flies.
2013 was an interesting year for me. A lot of changes, but a lot of consistent shit. Here we goooooo:
- Took the GXP off the road due to my lack of insurance. Paid the price, manned up, and got her back in July.
- Lived a full year in my apartment
- Got rid of the GXP and bought a brand new 2013 Ford Focus
- Bought an iMac, a MacBook Air, an iPad, and a ton of other electronics
- Went through three iPhone 5s
- Remained single the entire year
- Got rid of the Fiero
- Consolidated my finances
- Paid off several loans
To summarize my health stats…
- Since April of 2013 (when I started keeping track)…
- Lost a total of 45 pounds
- Tracked a total of 590.7 miles in RunKeeper
- Tracked a total of 57 hours and 35 minutes of activity
- Burned 39,450 calories
- Took 1,151,300 steps
- And slept a total of 1574 hours and 18 minutes
- Listened to 1043 unique artists
- Listened to 1798 unique albums
- Listened to 3292 unique tracks
- My top five artists were: Deadmau5 (duh), Nero, Limp Bizkit, Pendulum and Porter Robinson
- My top five tracks were: “Can You Feel My Heart”, “Faxing Berlin”, “Lights (Bassnectar Remix)”, “Language”, and “Timestretch”
Unfortunately Foursquare is a pain in the ass and doesn’t provide stats granular down to a year at a time. Ah well, there were a lot of check ins, needless to say (needles). Twitter and Facebook are hard to quantify as well. Spotify has their own Year In Review information, but Last.fm pretty much had that all covered.
Either way, it’s been a wild year. A few things were lacking, but in general, it was a good run. Here’s to 2014!